Team Communication Can Make or Break Your Business
Communication can be challenging no matter who we are speaking with. But as more people get involved in the conversation, communication can get even more difficult. If you have an online business, at some time you will have team members you need to communicate with.
I’m sure you can think of several examples of times there was poor communication about something. Addressing team communication before it becomes an issue will save you and your team time and frustration with each other.
“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” ~Henry Ford
The following items are discussed in this audio blog:
- Top 3 mistakes we make while communicating with our teams
- Tools to make team communication much easier
- Why a communication plan is important
Top takeaways from this :
- Team communication – Put a team communication plan in place! If you don’t have one, create a simple plan and update over time. Make sure all team members review this on a regular basis too!
- Weekly team meeting – Have a weekly team meeting and a Friday “wrap-up” email so that everyone is on the same page. The “wrap-up” is optional but great for teams of 3 or more.
- Utilize a project management system – Why every online business needs to use a project management system. This is so important even if you think you don’t need it yet!
- Tools for easier communication – Why you should use Slack for team communication. Use this for daily checkins and quick questions on projects.
Action steps to implement:
- Create your communication plan but keep it simple.
- Get setup with Asana if you are not yet using project management and invite each team member.
- Sign up for Slack, it only takes a few minutes. Once signed up invite each team member to join Slack and make sure they are added to each channel you have setup.
Want to see what our communication plan looks like? Click here to take a peek at what I use with my team!
Click here to get started with Slack.
Click here to get started with Asana.
Click here to download the transcript.
Need some help getting your team to communicate better? Click here if you would like to purchase a mini session with me.
Subscribe to the newsletter to get insights on how to expand your empire!