Do you need an Online Business Manager?
Any online business owner running a 6 figure and up business needs an Online Business Manager. Once a business owner reaches a level of success in their business where they plateau and feel like they can’t hit that next level, that’s when they need to find an Online Business Manager. An Online Business Manager will come in and manage all those pieces of the business that the business owner doesn’t have to do themselves, therefore, freeing up their time so they can focus on things they love and that move the business forward. How great would it feel if you no longer had to worry about the day to day management of your business?
The official definition of an Online Business Manager (OBM) is:
A virtually based support professional who manages online based businesses, including the day-to-day management of projects, operations, team members and metrics.
“A key to achieving success is to assemble a strong and stable management team.” ~Vivek Wadhwa
The following items are discussed in this audio blog:
- Who does and does not need an OBM
- Who else you need in place if you will work with an OBM
- How to find an OBM
- What you can expect regarding compensation
- What to expect once you are working together
Top takeaways from this:
- There are different types of OBM’s so find the one that’s right for you.
- Have a “dating” period to make sure it’s a long term fit.
- Once you find an OBM make sure you have regular meetings scheduled, I suggest weekly but also have a quarterly planning session.
- Consider incentive compensation so that the OBM is move invested in your business and really feels like a partner.
Action steps to implement:
- Look at your total revenue for the year, if you’ve hit the 6 figure mark then you need an Online Business Manager and if you haven’t then you need a Virtual Assistant.
- Make sure you have a plan in place of how you will grow your business, some Online Business Managers can help with the strategy but it’s not their responsibility to come up with this overall plan.
- When looking for an Online Business Manager make sure they are a right fit, have a dating period and be clear up front on the commitment you want from them. Use the links below to set up a time to speak with me or look through Tina’s directory.
Click here to submit a request for a proposal for an Online Business Manager or to look through Tina Forsyth’s certified Online Business Manager directory.
Click here to download the transcript.
Interested in working with me as your Online Business Manager? Click here to fill out a brief questionnaire which then gives you a link to schedule a call with me.
Subscribe to the newsletter to get insights on how to expand your empire!