Delegation – The Key To Business Success
As an online business owner, we all know how important delegation is. But many of us seem to have a love-hate relationship with delegation. We love it because it frees up our time but hate it because it can be tough to actually do. No matter how you feel about delegation, if you want your business to grow, you need to master this skill. Learning how to effectively delegate will mean you can do only the things you love and grow your business without having to work 24/7.
“The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” ~Anthea Turner
The following items are discussed in this audio blog:
- Why delegation is crucial to your business growing.
- Steps for how you can get started with delegation.
- The types of tasks you can delegate.
- The difference between delegation and micro-managing.
Top takeaways from this :
- Determine what type of tasks can be done by someone else on your team.
- Decide what you love to do and delegate the rest to another team member.
- Document your processes so that when you delegate something it’s clear how it needs to be done.
- Be sure you prioritize your tasks to help you decide what to delegate and what to keep.
- Make sure the tasks you delegate are set up in a project management system so you are always clear when they are completed.
Action steps to implement:
- Let’s get some more of your time freed up. Make a list of 5 things you can start delegating.
- Not able to come up with five? Then start making a list of what you do daily for a few days to a week and from that list come up with five things that could be taught to someone else.
Click here to download a FREE checklist of tasks you can delegate.
Click here to download the transcript.
Still a little confused on what or how to delegate? Click here if you would like to schedule a session with me.
Subscribe to the newsletter to get insights on how to expand your empire!